Open Savings Account in PNB : Punjab National Bank is one of the well known banks in India. If you do have an account in PNB and you are planning to open a new savings account in PNB, you are are the right place as we will guide you through the complete procedure. In order to proceed, you must be aware about the formalities, eligibility and steps to open a savings account in PNB. If you know about all these steps, opening a savings bank account in PNB will definitely be a piece of cake for you. Don’t forget to read our article on the procedure to link aadhaar card with PNB Account.
How to Open a Savings Bank Account in PNB ?
There are things you must know before knowing the complete procedure for opening PNB Savings Account. Let us first know about the the Eligibility to Open Savings Account in PNB.
Eligibility to Open a Savings Account in PNB
Before visiting any PNB Branch to open PNB Savings Account, you must check whether you are eligible for the same or not. Here are the eligibility for opening PNB Savings Account :
1) Applicant must be a Citizen of India.
2) Applicant must be more than 18 years of age (Except for Minor Account).
3) Applicant must possess the KYC Documents required to open Savings Account in PNB. These documents are Address Proof, Identity Proof, PAN Card or Form 60/61.
4) In most cases, the applicant would need a Guarantor who has a Bank Account with PNB.
5) Applicant will need to deposit minimum balance amount needed for the Savings Account(In some types accounts, like Jan Dhan Account this amount is not required).
At any point of time you can also prefer transferring PNB Account or you can change PNB Account Address. If you have not been using your Account from long time, it might be dormant and you can easily reactivate PNB Dormant Account.
Steps to Open a Savings Account in PNB
Once you know you are eligible to open a PNB Savings Account, you must follow the below mentioned steps to open a Savings Account in PNB.
1) Gathering the Documents : Your first step should be gathering all the KYC documents required for opening a Bank Account in PNB. So, do keep Proof of Address, Proof of Identity, PAN Card and at least 2 passport size photographs with you. You may also be asked to show the originals of the same.
2) Filling up Account Opening Form : Once you have all the documents you can visit any PNB Branch, collect the PNB Savings Account Opening Form and fill it up completely. If you have any issues while filling up the form, you can take help of fellow people in the Bank or PNB Officials.
3) Visit the PNB Account Opening Branch : After you have filled up the PNB Account Opening Form, do visit the PNB Branch where you want to open your Savings Account. Do carry your filled up form and the documents mentioned above.
4) Verify your Form & Documents : Meet the Accounts Executive and ask him to verify your documents and form for opening a new Savings Account with PNB. Upon verification and successful validation of your documents and form, you can go to the next step.
5) Deposit the Minimum Deposit Amount : After verification, move to the cash deposit counter and deposit the minimum deposit amount for your new bank account. In order to do so, please take a Cash Deposit Voucher/Slip and write ‘New Account’ in place where you need to write your Name and fill up the minimum deposit amount in Numbers and Words. Please confirm the Amount from the Cashier or Accounts Executive and deposit the form and cash voucher.
6) Collect PNB Passbook and ATM/Debit Card : Once you have deposited the minimum deposit amount for your new savings account, you will be handed over your ATM Cum Debit Card and other Bank Documents. If you do not get the documents instantly, you may get them in 1-2 working days. If you need a custom Debit Card with your Full Name on it, you need to apply for it separately.
Note : If you have also applied for other facilities like Cheque Book and/or Net Banking, within few days you will get them at your address registered with PNB. If you wish to change Mobile Number in PNB, you can do it anytime.
Best Practices after getting a Savings Bank Account in PNB
Once you have a Savings Bank Account with PNB, you must keep a few things in mind :
1) Its always good to memorize your Bank Details including your PINs and Passwords so that you don’t always have to rely on the physical documents every time you need that information.
2) To be on a safer side, note down your Account Number, ATM Card no., PIN etc at a location which is secure enough.
3) Always keep PNB Customer Care Number stored in your mobile phone’s contact list.
4) Don’t hesitate to contact PNB customer care if you have lost your PNB ATM card or in case of any other mishap related to your Account. If by any chance your account information or a cheque of your Account has fallen into wrong hands, you must immediately make a call to PNB Customer Care or visit your PNB Home Branch in order to block a particular service or your Savings Account to prevent any kind of unauthorized use.
Things to Know before you Open a Savings Account in PNB
Before you plan to open a Savings Account with PNB, you must know a few important things. There are a few queries which you must clarify by visiting any PNB Branch or Calling Customer Care Number :
- Is there a Minimum Average Balance per month for maintaining this type of Savings Account in PNB ? If yes, what is it? What types of fees do I have to pay if I go below that limit?
- What is the rate of interest which I will be getting on my PNB Savings Account? How often is this interest generated ?
- Do I have any limit to the number of transactions every month ?
- Where can I withdraw cash using my ATM/Passbook/Cheques without paying any extra fees ? What is the extra amount charged for using other than PNB ATM ?
Customer Care Numbers of PNB
If you are looking for any kind of help from PNB Customer Care, feel free to reach them on the Toll Free Number mentioned below.
Toll Free Number : 1800 180 2222