Link PAN Card with Bank of Baroda Account : PAN Card is the most important document issued by Issued by Income Tax Department of India. For almost all financial transactions, one needs to possess a PAN Card. When a person opens a new bank account in Bank of Baroda, he needs to mention the PAN Card number in the Bank of Baroda Account Opening Form. In case the applicant does not have a PAN Card, he needs to fill up Form 60/61. The applicant also needs to mention the reason why he doesn’t own a PAN Card. At any point of time, if an Account Holder wants to link his PAN Card to Bank of Baroda Account, he can do the same by visiting his Bank Branch and submitting the necessary documents. Earlier we have talked about the procedure to link Aadhaar with Bank of Baroda Account. In this Article, we will tell you about the step by step procedure to link PAN Card with Bank of Baroda Account.
Important Uses of PAN Card are :
- Buying or Selling immovable properties, Automobiles, Shares of value more than Rs. 1 lakh
- Making a Bank draft, pay order or a cheque
- Depositing Amounts in Bank Accounts which are more than Rs. 50,000 at once
- Opening a new bank account(Savings or a Current Account)
- Opening a DMAT Account
- Applying for a Credit Card
- Proof of Identity
Before we tell you about the procedure to link or update PAN Card in Bank of Baroda Account, let us tell you about the consequences of not linking PAN Card with Bank of Baroda Account.
There are 2 important cases which you must keep in mind.
- In case you do not update valid PAN details in your Bank of Baroda Account, tax is bound to be deducted from the interest earned on all your deposits.
- If you already have a PAN and you do not update its details with Bank of Baroda, you will not be able to get your Tax Deduction at Source Certificate (Form 16) from Bank of Baroda.
Related Articles : Don’t forget to read our other Articles on the procedure to Change Bank of Baroda Account Address , Change Name in Bank of Baroda Account & to Transfer Bank of Baroda Account to Another Branch.
Steps to Link PAN Card with Bank of Baroda Account
In order to Link PAN Card with Bank of Baroda Account, you need to follow the step by step procedure given below.
1) Visit your Bank of Baroda Home Branch where you are already maintaining your Account.
2) Collect the KYC Form from the Bank Branch in order to Update your PAN details in Bank of Baroda Account.
3) Fill up the KYC Form completely and put your Signature wherever required.
4) Submit the following Documents at your Bank of Baroda Branch :
- KYC Details Change Form
- Self Attested Photocopy of PAN Card
- A Letter addressing the Branch Manager about the Updation of PAN Card in your Bank of Baroda Account
Note : Don’t forget to carry original PAN Card while you make a visit to Bank of Baroda Branch.
Did you know ? If you have not been using your Bank of Baroda Account from long time, it may become dormant. Check out or Article on the procedure to reactivate dormant Bank of Baroda Account. And if you are looking to update mobile number in Bank of Baroda, you can do that easily.
Final Words :
It is important for every Account Holder in Bank of Baroda to link their PAN Cards with Bank of Baroda Account. The complete procedure does not over 10-15 minutes after you visit Bank of Baroda Branch. It is really necessary to link PAN Card with Bank of Baroda Account for obtaining your TDS from the Bank. Also, do update the correct PAN details in your Bank of Baroda Account so that the tax doesn’t get deducted from the interest earned on the deposits in your Bank of Baroda Account.