Link Aadhaar Card to SBI Bank Account : As we all know Aadhaar Card is a very important Card which is issued by UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India). Aadhaar Card serves various important purposes for Indian Citizens like it acts as an Identity and Address Proof, helps in getting LPG subsidy etc. For all those who did not link your Aadhaar Card to SBI Bank Account while opening new bank account in SBI, you can do it now. If you want to link your Aadhaar Card with SBI Account by SMS, you would not need any documents. However, if you wish to link Aadhaar Card with your SBI Bank Account by visiting the Branch, you may be asked for a self attested photocopy of your Aadhaar Card. Please note that this process of linking Aadhaar Card with SBI Bank Account is also called Aadhaar Seeding in SBI Bank Account. Also, check out our previous article on the process to change Address in SBI.
Important Benefits to Aadhaar Card with SBI Bank Account :
- Direct Benefits Transfer (DBTL).
- Subsidy for Commodity Products.
- Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee (MNREGA).
- Tribal Welfare Schemes.
- Country Wide Access.
This Article will tell you :
- How to link Aadhaar Card to SBI Bank Account through SMS ?
- How to link Aadhaar Card to SBI Bank Account by Branch Visit ?
How to Link Aadhaar Card to SBI Bank Account ?
Let us first check out the complete procedure to link Aadhaar Card to SBI Bank account through SMS.
Steps to Link Aadhaar Card to SBI Bank Account through SMS
In order to update your Aadhaar Card with SBI Bank Account by SMS, you will have to Send SMS to 567676 in the format given below :
UID<Space>Aadhaar Number<Space>Account Number
1) In case your Mobile Number is registered with SBI : You will be getting SMS from SBI that your Aadhaar has now been linked with your SBI Bank Account.
2) In case your Mobile Number is not registered with SBI : You must first register your Mobile Number with SBI and you will then need to send the above SMS. Once done, you will be getting SMS from SBI telling you that your Aadhaar has been linked with your SBI Account.
3) In case your Aadhaar is already linked with your SBI Account : You will get SMS from SBI that your Aadhaar is already linked to your SBI Account.
Note : Once your Aadhaar Number is successfully linked to your SBI Bank Account, you will get getting an SMS about the same on your registered mobile number.
Did you know ? If you do not use your SBI Account for more than 12 months your Account can become dormant! Check out our Article on How to Reactivate Dormant Account in SBI. At any point of time, you can also transfer your SBI Account to Another Branch.
Steps to Link Aadhaar Card to SBI Bank Account by Branch Visit
In order to update your Aadhaar Card with SBI Bank Account by Branch Visit, you will have follow the steps mentioned below :
1) Visit the SBI Home Branch(where you operate your Account) along with the Self Attested photocopy of Aadhaar Card.
2) Collect SBI Aadhaar Seeding Form from the counter and fill it up along with your signature.
3) Finally, Submit the SBI Aadhaar Seeding form as well as the Self Attested copy of Aadhaar Card to the Accounts Executive.
Note : Once your Aadhaar is linked with SBI Bank Account, you will be notified by SMS.
Final Words :
Although, you can use any of the 2 Methods given above to Link your Aadhaar Card with SBI Bank Account. However, we found that the process to link Aadhaar Card to SBI through SMS is the quicker method of the two. Its totally your choice which method you want to choose according to your convenience. There is also a process to link Aadhaar Card with SBI Online but it might be confusing for some and a lot of account holders don’t have an internet banking account, so we are not covering it up in this Article.