Get New Passbook in Central Bank of India : Central Bank of India is one of the best known banks in India. While opening a bank account in Central Bank of India, you are also handed a Bank Passbook. Due to several reasons you may want to get duplicate or new bank passbook from Central Bank of India. A Bank Passbook is nothing but a book which has all your Account relation details as well as a summary of transactions. New Passbook charges in Central Bank of India are NIL. Not only a Bank Passbook serves as a Banking document but it also acts as a proof of Address and can be used while applying for Driving License, Aadhaar Card, Passport etc. So, if you do not own a Central Bank of India Passbook, you must read this article and follow the steps to get a new passbook in Central Bank of India. Also read our previous articles on the procedure to get bank statement in Central Bank of India and change mobile number in Central Bank of India Account.
This Article can be used to :
1) Apply for a New Central Bank of India Passbook if it is Lost or Stolen.
2) Apply for a Duplicate Central Bank of India Passbook if it is Damaged.
3) Apply for an Extra Passbook in Central Bank of India due to Exhaustion of Pages.
Kindly follow the step by step procedure mentioned in this article in order to get a new passbook in Central Bank of India.
- How to Apply for Central Bank of India Passbook ?
How to Apply for Central Bank of India Passbook ?
For getting a duplicate passbook in Central Bank of India, you need to follow the 3 main steps given below. Let us finally start with the procedure to get a new passbook in Central Bank of India.
1) Writing an Application to the Central Bank of India Branch Manager
First of all you need to write an application addressing the Central Bank of India Manager as given below.
Central Bank of India,
Subject : Application for getting a Duplicate Passbook for Savings Account No. (Enter your Account No. here)
My name is (Enter Your Name) and I have a savings bank account in your Branch. Unfortunately, I have recently lost my passbook (Do mention the reason like due to exhaustion of pages, due to passbook damage etc.). I am requesting you to issue new Bank Passbook to as soon as possible.
Along with this application I am also attaching my Identity and Address Proof Documents.
(Account Holder’s Name)
(Account Holder’s Signature)
2) Gathering the Proof of Address and Identity
Now you need to gather the Identity and Address Proof Documents which you required to submit along with the Application that you have written in (Step 1) above.
3) Submitting the Application and Documents to Central Bank of India Home Branch
Once you have written the application and you have identity & address proof documents with you, just need to visit your Central Bank of India home branch and submit these three documents.
This is the complete procedure to apply for passbook in Central Bank of India. Upon successful verification of your signature in application and your Proof of Address and Identity, bank accountant will give you a new passbook.
In our previous articles we have written about the procedure to link PAN Card in Central Bank of India, the process to link Aadhaar Card in Central Bank of India and change name in Central Bank of India Account.
Things to Check before moving out of the Branch with your Passbook
1) Once you get Passbook from Central Bank of India, do check whether it has a bar code or not. A Bar Code is needed to update the entries on your Passbook through Passbook Printing Machine. In case your passbook does not have a Bar Code, you won’t be able to update the transactions on your Passbook using Passbook Printing Machine.
2) Don’t forget to check whether your Name, Address and other important details are printed correctly on your Central Bank of India Passbook or not. If not, you should get these details corrected.
3) Do remember to get your Bank Passbook photo attested. Photo Attestation of Bank Passbook means your Photograph must be pasted on your Passbook and it must be cross signed and stamped by your Branch Manager or person in charge. A Photo Attested Passbook can be used for Property related transactions like while buying or selling a property.
Final Words :
Now you can say that getting a Duplicate Passbook from Central Bank of India is quite an easy task it can be done in not more than 15-20 minutes once you reach your Home Branch along with your Application, Address Proof and Identity Proof documents. It is always suggested that you must check all the details on your passbook before you finally move out of your Central Bank of India Branch.