Get Bank Account Statement in PNB : Punjab National Bank is a well known bank in India. An account holder can perform a wide range of transactions after opening an Account in PNB. However, if you want to check all the details of the transactions, you need to get PNB bank account statement. Not only Bank Account statement gives you all the details of your Transactions, it also acts as an Address Proof. So, PNB bank statement can be used at most of the places where you are required to submit a proof of address and there are no charges to get PNB Account Statement. Don’t forget to read our previous articles on reactivating dormant account in PNB and the process to transfer PNB Account to Another Branch.
If you are looking to have bank account statement in PNB, you have 3 options where you can :
- Get Bank Statement in PNB Online
- Get Bank Statement in PNB by Bank Passbook
- Get Bank Statement in PNB by Branch Visit
By using any of these 3 methods, you can get PNB Bank Account Statement of 6 months, 1 Year or any other period.
Few Important Uses of PNB Bank Account Statement are :
- To apply for Credit Card.
- To apply for a Loan (6 Months Bank Account Statement may be Needed).
- It is a Valid Proof of Address.
- Useful while filing up Income Tax Returns.
How to get Bank Account Statement in PNB ?
Getting a Bank Account Statement in PNB is quite easy. Let us first tell you about the procedure to get Bank Statement in PNB through Online method by using PNB Internet Banking.
How to get Bank Account Statement in PNB Online ?
In order to get Bank Statement in PNB Online, make sure that you have a net banking account with PNB . Using internet banking in PNB, you can easily download PNB Bank Account Statement Online (PNB e-Statement). Within PNB Net Banking Account, you will get the options to view or download PNB e-Statement.
Steps to get Bank Account Statement in PNB Online (e-statement) :
1) Login to PNB Internet Banking Account by using your Username and Password.
2) Find Account Statements option.
3) To download and get PNB Account Statement
- Select the Account
- Choose the Period
- Download the e-Statement
Once your e-statement is downloaded, You can take either take a printout of it or you can attach it in a mail and forward it wherever you want to. It is a good practice to save a soft copy of your PNB Bank Statement as you may be able to use it anytime.
Recommended Read :
How to get Bank Account Statement in PNB by Passbook ?
For those who do not have a Net Banking Account in PNB, can also get their PNB Account Statement by Passbook. Every Account Holder in PNB gets a Passbook while opening a new account. An account holder can update all the transactions on the PNB Bank Passbook. You can take a print of the updated transactions, which will act as PNB Account Statement.
You get 2 options for updating the transactions on your PNB Passbook,
1) You can visit your PNB Home Branch (i.e., Where you maintain your Account) and ask the accounts executive to update your PNB Bank Passbook. The accounts executive will insert your PNB Passbook in a printer and your transactions will soon be updated.
2) You can visit any PNB Kiosk where you see a machine that updates PNB Passbook. Update your PNB Passbook by inserting it in the machine and following the on screen instructions. If you are doing it for the very first time, you can ask for help. Note : If your Passbook does not have a bar code, please get a bar code from any PNB Branch first.
Also Read :
- How to Change Name in PNB Bank Account ?
- How to Change Address in PNB Bank Account ?
- How to Change Mobile Number in PNB Bank Account ?
How to get Bank Statement in PNB by Branch Visit ?
If you neither have an Internet Banking Account and nor do you have a Bank Passbook, you still can get a PNB Bank Statement by Visiting your PNB Home Branch i.e., the Branch where you maintain your Account. You just need to visit your PNB Home Branch and ask the Accounts Executive to give you the PNB Bank Account Statement for a specific period. The Accounts Executive will ask you for details like your Name on Account, Account Number, Period for which the Statement is required etc.
It is advised that you must carry your PAN Card and any Address Proof document along with you as you can show it to the Accounts Executive if he wants to verify your Identity.
Final Words :
You might have noticed that its quite easy to generate Bank Account Statement in PNB through any of the methods mentioned above. It is advised that if you have Internet banking account in PNB, you must always prefer the online method to get PNB Account Statement as it also saves a lot of energy and paper.