Get Bank Account Statement in OBC : Oriental Bank of Commerce is a well known bank in India. An account holder can perform a wide range of transactions after opening an Account in OBC. However, if you want to check all the details of the transactions, you need to get Oriental Bank of Commerce account statement. Not only Bank Account statement gives you all the details of your Transactions, it also acts as an Address Proof. So, OBC bank statement can be used at most of the places where you are required to submit a proof of address and there are no charges to get Oriental Bank of Commerce Account Statement. Don’t forget to read our previous articles on reactivating dormant account in OBC and the process to transfer Oriental Bank of Commerce Account to Another Branch.
If you are looking to have bank account statement in OBC, you have 3 options where you can :
- Get Bank Statement in Oriental Bank of Commerce Online
- Get Bank Statement in Oriental Bank of Commerce by Bank Passbook
- Get Bank Statement in Oriental Bank of Commerce by Branch Visit
By using any of these 3 methods, you can get OBC Bank Account Statement of 6 months, 1 Year or any other period.
Few Important Uses of Oriental Bank of Commerce Account Statement are :
- To apply for Credit Card.
- To apply for a Loan (6 Months Bank Account Statement may be Needed).
- It is a Valid Proof of Address.
- Useful while filing up Income Tax Returns.
How to get Bank Account Statement in OBC ?
Getting a Bank Account Statement in Oriental Bank of Commerce is quite easy. Let us first tell you about the procedure to get Bank Statement in Oriental Bank of Commerce through Online method by using OBC Internet Banking.
How to get Bank Account Statement in Oriental Bank of Commerce Online ?
In order to get Bank Statement in Oriental Bank of Commerce Online, make sure that you have a net banking account with OBC. Using internet banking in Oriental Bank of Commerce, you can easily download OBC Bank Account Statement Online (OBC e-Statement). Within OBC Net Banking Account, you will get the options to view or download OBC e-Statement.
Steps to get Bank Account Statement in OBC Online (e-statement) :
1) Login to Oriental Bank of Commerce Internet Banking Account by using your Username and Password.
2) Find Account Statements option.
3) To download and get Oriental Bank of Commerce Account Statement
- Select the Account
- Choose the Period
- Download the e-Statement
Once your e-statement is downloaded, You can take either take a printout of it or you can attach it in a mail and forward it wherever you want to. It is a good practice to save a soft copy of your Oriental Bank of Commerce Bank Statement as you may be able to use it anytime.
Recommended Read :
How to get Bank Account Statement in Oriental Bank of Commerce by Passbook ?
For those who do not have a Net Banking Account in Oriental Bank of Commerce, can also get their OBC Account Statement by Passbook. Every Account Holder in OBC gets a Passbook while opening a new account. An account holder can update all the transactions on the OBC Bank Passbook. You can take a print of the updated transactions, which will act as OBC Account Statement.
You get 2 options for updating the transactions on your OBC Passbook,
1) You can visit your OBC Home Branch (i.e., Where you maintain your Account) and ask the accounts executive to update your OBC Bank Passbook. The accounts executive will insert your Oriental Bank of Commerce Passbook in a printer and your transactions will soon be updated.
2) You can visit any Oriental Bank of Commerce Kiosk where you see a machine that updates OBC Passbook. Update your Oriental Bank of Commerce Passbook by inserting it in the machine and following the on screen instructions. If you are doing it for the very first time, you can ask for help. Note : If your Passbook does not have a bar code, please get a bar code from any Oriental Bank of Commerce Branch first.
Also Read :
- How to Change Name in OBC Bank Account ?
- How to Change Address in OBC Bank Account ?
- How to Change Mobile Number in OBC Bank Account ?
How to get Bank Statement in Oriental Bank of Commerce by Branch Visit ?
If you neither have an Internet Banking Account and nor do you have a Bank Passbook, you still can get a OBC Bank Statement by Visiting your Oriental Bank of Commerce Home Branch i.e., the Branch where you maintain your Account. You just need to visit your Oriental Bank of Commerce Home Branch and ask the Accounts Executive to give you the Oriental Bank of Commerce Account Statement for a specific period. The Accounts Executive will ask you for details like your Name on Account, Account Number, Period for which the Statement is required etc.
It is advised that you must carry your PAN Card and any Address Proof document along with you as you can show it to the Accounts Executive if he wants to verify your Identity.
Final Words :
You might have noticed that its quite easy to generate Bank Account Statement in Oriental Bank of Commerce through any of the methods mentioned above. It is advised that if you have Internet banking account in Oriental Bank of Commerce , you must always prefer the online method to get Oriental Bank of Commerce Account Statement as it also saves a lot of energy and paper.