Change Name in Bank of Baroda Account : BoB(Bank of Baroda) is a well known bank in India, which provides all its account holders with a lot of services. We have previously discussed the procedure to change address in Bank of Baroda Account as well as to change registered mobile number in Bank of Baroda Account. Now, if you are looking to change your name in Bank of Baroda Account, this article will surely help you out with the same. There may be several reasons why you want to change your name in Bank of Baroda Account like Change of Name after Marriage, Change of Name due to Change of Religion or due any other reason. In this Article, we have mentioned the step by step procedure and all the documents required to change name in Bank of Baroda Account. Kindly note that changing your name in Bank of Baroda Account will also allow you to change name in Bank of Baroda Passbook and other Account related documents.
Procedure to Change Name in Bank of Baroda Account
Before we begin with the step by step procedure to change name in Bank of Baroda Account, make sure that your Account is operational and not dormant. If your Account is dormant, you need reactivate Bank of Baroda dormant Account first.
Steps to Change Name in Bank of Baroda Account
1) Write an Application to the Branch Manager for Name Change in Bank of Baroda Account. The application must have all these details :
- Your existing Bank Account number and Customer ID/CIF Cumber (You can find this on Bank Passbook or in Account Statement)
- Your Existing Name and your New Name
- Reason for Change of Name
- Your old and new signatures(if Changed)
- Your contact details such as your Address, Mobile number, and Email address
2) Gather Important Documents as a proof of Name Change
- Self-attested copy of your Marriage Certificate (For women who want to change name after Marriage).
- An attested copy of the Gazette notification with the Old and New names on it (For any other reason).
Note : In rare cases, you may also be asked for Change of Name Newspaper Publication.
3) Visit your Bank of Baroda Home Branch, ask for Bank of Baroda Change/Modification Request Form and fill it up.
4) Submit all the Documents including the Application of Name Change, Attested copy of Marriage Certificate/Gazette Notification copy and filled up Change/Modification Request Form to the Accounts Executive.
Thats it! Upon successful validation of your documents, your name will be changed in Bank of Baroda records. You can use your Bank of Baroda Passbook to change your Name in various other documents like PAN Card, Aadhaar Card etc. If you have not linked your Aadhaar Card to Bank Account, you must link your Aadhaar Card to Bank of Baroda Account. If you have relocated to another place or another city, you can also transfer Bank of Baroda Account easily.
Final Words :
You might have noticed that the procedure to change name in Bank of Baroda Account is pretty easy. Once you have all the documents, it doesn’t take long for the Change of Name in Bank of Baroda Account. You can easily change your Name in Bank of Baroda Passbook and Debit Card after it has been changed in the bank records.